Wednesday, February 18, 2009

NOTICE: Windsor Music MP3's Wanted For Showcasing on Site!


This message is primarily intended for all the bands in The Windsor Scene, but not limited to them.

The reason I am writing this post is I would like to offer preview mp3's on the site. At the each of every article or piece, I'd like to offer a Bonus Section that features one free mp3 from three or four local bands as a way of getting people to check out bands they may not have heard yet or to get gems from bands they do like. They can in turn put these on their iPods and help spread the gospel for bands.

Now if you are interested, here's what I need.

1) Send me an email to greerkind (at) yahoo.ca

2) The first one you send me should have a letter of permission. Just state that you are allowing me to post the mp3 for free on my Blog for the intent purpose of promotion. Don't worry, I am not doing this to make money off your music. Just to expose your sound to more ears in the city.

3) Attach the mp3 to the email. I'd prefer they were at least 192kps as that\'s minimum CD quality.

Now these mp3's can be songs of your latest CDs, songs of past CDs that were popular or you\'d like to re-introduce, they can be live recordings (if they are, please list live from when and where) or they can be b-side recordings (unused studio recordings). Just let me know what the mp3 is, as in Song Title, Album Name, Release Year

Also, these mp3s may not necessarily reflect what the article on the blog is about. These will be included in the Bonus Section at the end, so they can be any genre. You may read an article on "Mr. Chill" for example but in the bonus section you may get a song by Days Fade, Yellow Wood and Tara Watts. Something like that.

Finally, feel free to pass this along to any musician you feel would benefit or like to take advantage of this. This can include past bands who have recordings. Vintage Windsor Scene recordings are just as fine to recollect as current ones. It might be nice to see a Spy's or Luxury Christ or searchingforchin track pop up once in a while to check out.

Now please be patient once you do send one in: I'd like to build a reservoir of at least thirty songs before I starting rotating songs out there - with a couple per post, I'll run out of songs in a hurry if I only have a small amount. Feel free to send as many songs as you like, just make sure all the proper info is there, and again, past projects are equally welcome. I only ask that the studio recordings be CD quality and that live recordings be clean and legible. I won't put up recordings that sound muffled or are low quality, it's just not worth it.

Thanks and I look forward to promoting your music to the many ears of Windsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers